December 6: Private Washington Clubs
December 13: U.S. Botanic Garden Tour
December 14: Tour of the Historic Anderson House and Society of the Cincinnati
January 17: Private Tour of the Library of Congress
January 29: Rehearsal of American Ballet Theater
January 31: Tour of the National Museum of African American History and Culture
The Washington, D.C. metro area is an exciting place to live! Between September and June, THIS for Diplomats offers you and your family many opportunities to experience unique and interesting programs for a nominal charge.
Currently, a Calendar of Events is sent by email to Diplomatic families. If you have not already registered with us, please do so by clicking here. Providing your email address will ensure that you receive each issue of the Calendar of Events.
Below are committees and focus areas we offer:
• American History & Government Affairs organizes tours of government institutions such as the Pentagon, the Supreme Court, the US Capitol and The White House.
• Architecture, Garden & Home Design arranges visits to design centers, gardens and homes of distinction. It also arranges lectures by architects, designers and horticulturists.
• Art visits private collections and provides behind the scenes tours of area museums, such as the Hirshhorn Museum, Renwick Gallery and Phillips Collection.
• Initiatives offers programs on significant cultural and timely issues of significance to the diplomatic community.
• Performing Arts provides opportunities to enjoy theatre, dance and musical performances.
• Travel organizes day trips to cities and areas within the mid-Atlantic region.
• Sports & Recreation offers the opportunity to experience a variety of athletic pursuits.